Cambridgeshire Youth Ballet Auditions

DanceMummsy

Hi - is anyone from the old cast of CYBC re-auditioning for next year?  It's Sleeping Beauty! My little ballerina enjoyed the whole process/experience of being a cast member for Coppelia so much and of course learning/dancing/performing - she can't wait to re-audition.  Miss Catie was such an inspiration to the whole cast with her realms of experience. Who's in again? :-)

• Like 1

Great! AUDITIONS are on Sunday 13 December at the Stageworks Studios in St Neots, Cambridgeshire - not long to go... can't wait to start the whole process again and Sleepy Beauty should be fun! :-) The costumes were beautiful for Coppelia and the stage lighting amazing.. can't wait to see the whole production of Sleeping Beauty the ballet - hope my little ballerina gets through again :-)

Thanks for the info.

Yep, I especially liked the flowing Waltz of the Flowers costumes from the Gala second half. And wasn't the stage lighting fantastic throughout!

All the juniors took great delight in keeping secret the Miss Fusspot piece????

• Like 1

The Cambridge Youth Ballet Company is such a wonderful opportunity for ballet dancers to perform. My daughter looked forward to every Sunday rehearsal and made some great friends. Her technique improved significantly....but this was natural progress not forced. She also developed her skills within contemporary 'lyrical' dance, which she now loves. The performance of Coppelia was magical & they were all fantastic. Everyone is talking about the auditions for the new production 'Sleeping Beauty'....my bet is that it will be very popular! If anyone is interested visit the website: www.cybcompany.co.uk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope you don't mind my bumping this thread but just to say my dd did her second class/rehearsal there this week and absolutely loves it :)

Does she have Stephen taking class? I know how much he enjoys it and - I know I'm biased - he's really good with the younger ones :D