Surrey ballet masters

Primaballerina1

I've just come across this site and had some questions to ask about it as so far it seems perfect for DD! What age is juniors from? For the juniors, is the ballet class Pilates and rep all in 1 hour? Do you have to audition for the summer school or be part of the associates? Is the training good and worth the money as it seems quite cheap? When is the audition if there is one?How much does it cost a year? Can you chose to do one lesson and not the other? Any other info would be fab! Thanks

Edited by Primaballerina1

Hi Primaballerina1

These classes are run by Emma Northmore, who is ex ENB soloist. She teaches my DD at YDA and she also covers for MAs at the Royal. She is a fantastic teacher, my DD loves her and has come on so much under her tutition! I can't recommend her highly enough.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just resurecting this thread as Emma Northmore is running an Easter course 6th-8th April at Pineapple. It's called Ballet Boost and there is a link to it on the Surrey Ballet Masters website and there is also a Face Book page called Ballet Boost.

My DD will be attending this course, it has a fabulous faculty including Roberta Marquez and Emma will be teaching herself. It's very reasonable price wise I think for the three days and you can get an early bird discount if you book before 4th Jan.

I don't have any personal link to Emma but my DD thinks she's an amazing teacher!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi lovely Ballet mums........the summer school is definitely week of 25th july and bookings can now be made. Ballet Boost is a particularly great opportunity as as far as I am aware Will Tuckett has not been teaching like this before and he is a person with a wealth of knowledge to impart to the dancers. Plus he is fabulous fun and inspiring!! The classes are being kept to 20 or so students too so they feel they have been taught properly, so its all quite exciting. Early bird finishes 4th january! at midnight!!

Edited by Emma northmore
  • Like 1

Hello Emma,

Thanks for the information.

In accordance with our Acceptable User Policy could I please ask you to add a signature to your profile?

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/417-the-balletcoforum-acceptable-use-policy/

Members who have commercial interests must indicate that by adding a Signature line to their postings, stating the name and type of their business and giving their website and/or business email address for enquiries. (You set up a Signature via My Settings in the dropdown menu under your name.) If members wish to contact businesses, associate schemes or other commercial enterprises this should be done via the vendor’s website or email, not by starting threads on the forum.y

• 3 months later...

Yes my daughter enjoyed it too. Great few days, excellent teachers and plenty of helpers with advice and time to talk.

there was a flyer on the desk advertising her summer course, with another great selection of guest teachers.

rushed out without picking it up, did anyone else get the dates??

• Like 1

Francessizzi it is the 25-29 July - I've booked dd on already. The dancing at the end we got to watch was fantastic. My daughter was on such a high she came home and continued working on the don Quixote variation till collapsing at 10 on the sofa exhausted - just wouldn't stop! So inspiring for her to have the opportunity to learn from so many great dancers and teachers this week.

• Like 3

I couldn't get to watch as working !! But my DD enjoyed everything about it and felt she improved ! She loved all the teachers and was definetly a positive 3 days . Would of booked for summer as well but it's almost same dates as Russian Masters summer sch and have paid already xx