A question on London Children's Ballet recalls

Balletmum4ever

This is quite hilarious now! Even funnier if they are indeed reading our increasingly desperate msgs as we all head off to collect our DDs and dss from school just knowing what their very first question will be!!! Fingers crossed for hearing soon

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so me being impatient aside ???? Dd has an audition on Sunday and if she is successful with this, I think the idea was to postpone until the next audition session ... I was hoping to let them know rather than her being a "no show " .. I guess it is a case of waiting ... boo!

You are better to keep it to yourself Kittyjewel if it's not good news as it may knock your dd's confidence in audition. Perhaps a little white lie that you are attending the other audition to keep your options open would be the kinder wording until after her audition. I too intend to keep a no to myself as my dd has her school show this weekend xx

Arrgh, not heard yet ???? Either way I think everyone did amazing job getting as far as they did and I have to say be it a yes or a no the audition process held by LCB was such a positive and welcoming experience my dd has gained so much confidence we both class the whole event as a win win for us!!! (Excluding the excruitating wait) ????

• Like 1

Sorry for all the no's. But please do try again, my daughter got to finals the first time and had a no. But then has been successful the last 2 years.

I'm pleased to report I've just received a yes email for this year. It will be her final one so she's so excited!! Well done to all for getting this far x

• Like 2

Congratulations to those with a yes. We look forward to seeing your lucky and talented DCs in the show. DD found the whole experience very positive and know that she has done so well to get this far. I am very proud of her. Good to hear that others have had success in subsequent years as DD is keen to try again next year!

• Like 1

Very well done to those with a Yes and those doing the tour. I'm glad the results are coming through now!

To those with a no, commiserations - don't forget LCB's lovely Summer Schools as an alternative though - a super opportunity to learn and perform this season's rep. :-)

• Like 3

Congratulations and well done to all the yes's. We got a no. My dd will be very upset but has constantly begged me since Sundays final audition to promise I will take her back to audition again next year. I'm very proud of my dd for getting as far as she did in her first ever audition. Enjoy your celebrations everyone. I can't wait to see the production next year xx

• Like 2

Balletsister I had a student on the tour last year, it was a short version of Snow White, they wore the same costumes and toured around London for a week, the cast was small but my student absolutely loved it and would have happily done it again this year had she not made the cast xxx well worth it xxx

• 5 months later...

There is a thread started (with some wonderful photographs by John Ross) on the Performances Seen forum.  If anyone has seen Little Lord Fauntleroy it would be great if you could put some comments on there:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/12340-london-childrens-ballet-little-lord-fauntleroy-london-april-2016/#entry167990

I've moved Nancy19's post there.

• Like 1

It was great Janet!  I've just posted a little update on the other thread!  For anyone considering trying out for LCB next year I'd say go for it.  It's a huge commitment - giving up your Sundays for 4 months but the end result and performance week is such an great experience for the dancers that it makes it all worthwhile!   

• Like 4