Elizabeth: Nuñez

Victor: Muntagirov

The Creature: Hirano

May 7(m), 20, 25

Elizabeth: Lamb

Victor: Dyer

The Creature: Kish

• Like 4

It is heartening to see that Wheeldon has given his unscheduled second cast the opportunity to repeat their roles in the revival of the Winter's Tale rather than using the dancers who were his intended second cast. All three casts will be well worth seeing. In the first season there were many who thought that the second cast had a slight edge, if only because movements which could be described as Ed Watson's specialities have an even greater impact when performed by a dancer on whom they are unexpected. I can see that while this may be a short season it is likely to be an expensive one.

It is heartening to see that Wheeldon has given his unscheduled second cast the opportunity to repeat their roles in the revival of the Winter's Tale rather than using the dancers who were his intended second cast. 

I should darned well hope so :)

Was anyone else actually unscheduled apart from Gartside?  I'm also glad to see Soares getting a go, because it wouldn't have been the first time that someone who was sidelined through injury first time around ended up never being cast in the role again.

Trying to work out what the selection of Monsters implies for Frankenstein ...

And is there any indication of which will be the big-screen broadcast?  (I'm really hoping they go back to doing a summer one, rather than an extremely chilly autumn one as this year)

Yes, the contrast between McRae & Kish in the same role has me intrigued too.

Likewise Muntagirov and Dyer - very different physical "types...."

After an excursion as Gremin which suggested a certain line of managerial development, Hirano seems to be getting lots of principal role opportunities now suggesting he may be in line for promotion...

Edited by Jamesrhblack

I can't remember the last time I found an RB season quite as unappealing ...... is it a foretaste of Kevin O'Hare's idea that in 2020 he'd like to programme a whole year of work made in the preceding decade ?

Did he really say that this is what he is thinking of doing? If so....I hope he mixes it in with other things...otherwise it will be a cheap year for me! :)

• Like 5

I don't think Laura Morera is underrated or underused at all. She's a fabulous dancer but certain roles suit her far better than others.

I have always enjoyed her performance whenever I have seen her dance.

Edited by Nina G.

If O'Hare means the 2020 21 season then he has four more seasons available for his choreographers to create the new repertory. I do hope that he has Lady M's permission not perform any of her late husband's works in that season or it could all turn rather nasty.

We usually have six or seven full length works each season.O'Hare already has Alice and the Winter's Tale available for the season. If Frankenstein is any good it will be in the running for inclusion as will Woolf Works. I can't see O'Hare planning a whole season without any nineteenth century works so he may well include Acosta's Don Q and the new Swan Lake whatever that looks like. 

I'm not sure whether that means it will be a costly season or one that will ease the strain on the bank account.

I can't remember the last time I found an RB season quite as unappealing ...... is it a foretaste of Kevin O'Hare's idea that in 2020 he'd like to programme a whole year of work made in the preceding decade ?

Hmmmm.   So, no Nutcracker over the Christmas period then? 

Well, that will make a nice change. 

• Like 1

Hmmmm.   So, no Nutcracker over the Christmas period then? 

Well, that will make a nice change. 

Surely ALICE will - once again - fall down that particular hole :) ... with HANSEL AND GRETEL tripping a not so light fantastic below in the NEW Linbury's capacious holds.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

I can't see O'Hare planning a whole season without any nineteenth century works so he may well include Acosta's Don Q and the new Swan Lake whatever that looks like. 

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that he planned to include Acosta's Don Q in what he would count as 21st century for this purpose.  He may well do the same with the new Swan Lake.  I think that wherever I read that, I also read that he felt he had been misunderstood on his plans and that potentially the "whole year" of these works could be a calendar year and so span two seasons.  I may not be recalling correctly what I read, though.

It's hardly unheard-of for the RB to miss a year with Nutcracker.  They didn't do it last Christmas.

Did they not?

I haven't booked RB at Christmas for so many years, I didn't notice.  If it wasn't the Nutcracker, then I think they used to put on Tales of Beatrix Potter, which I don't particularly like. 

Edited by Fonty