Roberto Bolle & Friends Galas

Dear BcF, I very often watch the Galas in Italy of Roberto Bolle & Friends, and they are really fantastic events! I was just in Bari to watch the show and it was a really amazing show and atmosphere, I highly recommend them. Also in his choice of 'Friends' I think you get to see a mix of you emerging talent, the emerging stars and the fully fledged 'bought the T Shirt' stars. Check out Roberto's website for dates, and there are lots of great photos and funny things that follow the tour on instagram and Twitter #bolletour2015

Also with Prototype which is a video based choreography where Roberto does everything from Duel with a computer version of himself, to leading an dancing Army of Bolles.

Here was the programme in Bari on 3,4,5 October:

Roberto Bolle: Prototype

Kiyoka Hashimoto & Davide Duato: Mozart a 2

Viktorina Kapitonova & Dinu Tamaslacaru: Carneval de Venice

Maria Eichwald & Alexander Zaitsev : Ring them bells

Julie Kent & Roberto Bolle: Manon bedroom PDD

Roberto Bolle: Through the light

Kiyoka Hashimoto & Davide Duato: Donizetti PDD

Julie Kent & Roberto Bolle: Sinatra Suite

Maria Eichwald & Alexander Zaitsev: Kazimir's colours

Dinu Tamaslacaru: Les Bourgeois

Viktorina Kapitonova & Roberto Bolle: Le Grand Pas De Deux by Christian Spuck (Funny with the cow)

As a quick review, Davide & Kiyoka were enthusiastic and very nice dancers, both from Vienna,

Maria & Alexander (both Freelance now) were technically very good in their PDDs but I am not sure about how Marco Goeke's choreograpy really shows the best of the Liza Minelli song 'Ring them Bells' but the skateboards they use made for a really funny video (see below)

Dinu (Berlin) is a regular and his Les Bourgeois is really charismatic, and that guy can jump!

Julie Kent was lovely in the slower more easy numbers with Bolle, but she shows great class even in 'retirement'

Viktorina (Zürich) yes I am not ashamed to say I am biased, but if you have not seen Spuck's Grand PDD watch it on youtube. It can be really hilarious and she plays it with Bolle Fantastically to end with Standing ovations (the crowd very much warmed up by DinuT)

Roberto Bolle...A true star!! And for me one of the best ever!

Curtain calls: 

A quick video summary, and the skateboard piece :) 

I will be in Parma one night at the end of the month where they do 3 more nights 22, 23, 24 October.

The videos are not mine, but from RBs army of fans

Edited by SwissBalletFan
  • Like 4

• 7 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread for this year’s Summer performances which features several Royal Ballet dancers. Apart from Melissa Hamilton, who Bolle appears to have forged a close and special partnership with over the years, William Bracewell  and Yasmine Naghdi have joined the tour this year.  So far, the troupe of dancers have appeared inFlorence and Verona  - particularly memorable for a violent thunderstorm just as the dancers were performing in the wonderful open-air arena. Incredibly, they continued to dance.

The extracts  on YouTube provides something of the incredible atmosphere, Bolle generates.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Dancing in that strength of rain!! Was it just that piece the heavens opened in? The thought of pointe or Pas de Deux terrifies me! 

There’s footage on several dancers’ Instagram pages to suggest there were other performances affected, including pas de deux with dancing en pointe. Although dancers must have been given a choice as to whether they wished to perform, I imagine it would have been difficult for an individual to make this decision if the overwhelming group dynamic was to go ahead. But as Bolle was involved in several of these pieces along with his close friends, he wouldn’t take risks that could seriously damage a dancer’s career.

There will surely have been significant insurance implications in play here. 
Some dancers (eg Antonio Casalinho) posted that they performed before the rain came. Others showed a very depleted audience - well, the downpour did look very heavy.

The Sphere piece in the first video @Odyssey looks as if it was always intended to be performed in a downpour! So clever!

I must say, these galas are a wonderful night out. Bolle himself is smart enough to know that dancers such as Antonio Casalinho and Timofej Andrijashenko can safely be put in charge of pyrotechnics, while he himself excels at showing off his six (eight?) pack and pecs, while enhancing all his partners' abilities.

Edited by Sophoife
Added second paragraph.
  • Like 1