narrow full sole flats

southerndancemum

Wondering if anyone can reccomend some really narrow flats. DD has only C width feet, but size 3.5 and we're really struggling to get full sole leather shoes to fit. Her split soles and satin are fine but we were told last Friday her leather flats ( which are req'd for class) are 'just awful' - not online ordered, we had them fitted at a shop (which I won't name).

If need be we'll make the trek to London but I'm guessing someone on here has had the same problem

Hi

We have found the Sansha Tutu full sole style to be good. We get satin but the same place we get them from also has leather. There are 2 widths - medium and wide and medium are pretty slim. I'm not sure if they have been discontinued - I get them from an excellent ebay seller and can post a link once home.

In the past we also used the Bloch prolite satin full sole in A width. Not sure if they also do leather.

Advantage of satin for slim fit is you can wash to fit....

• Like 2

My DD has fairly narrow feet. We get Starlite Studio satins and they are a beautiful fit. They do leather full or split soles and they are a lovely fit on a narrow foot. Not all dance shops stock these but I've found one locally to me that does or I can usually get them on eBay.

I can let you know the shop details if you want to try them. The lady who fits them is fab and well worth trying.

• Like 1

Hi my dd has same problem so we got starlight narrow fit full sole ballet shoe or Caprizo daisy in leather and the draw string is elastic on them ones so they pull right in. I order both from dancing in the street dance wear . Great shop fast delivery and great for returns x

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. It's the leather we need and have the problem with.

Jade - do you not find the elastic doesn't stay tied? That's the experience we've had I. past but they were canvas shoes.

BM1979 - thanks!! is that the lady that was at eyb? If so I have her details still.

We're at ROH at end of Oct so might be a trip to Bloch / Capezio etc after

Never knew buying flats could be so complicated :/

My daughter is a c width too and always has freed aspire in narrow. Tried Bloch width b (which is narrow) but they were huge (haven't tried the a extra narrow). My other daughter is still narrow, but not quite as much and Katz fit well on her. Personally found the capezio daisy quite wide cut but everyone is different! Looking forward to when she can wear split soles as they do seem to come up a lot narrower!

• Like 1

Hi, my dd also has narrow feet, Clark's size 3.5 D and a really high instep. She wears Katz and they are fine if she tightens them up, but she has satin ones for her JA, I can imagine leather being more difficult to tighten!

Good luck!

Edited by Snowflake
  • Like 1

She is southerndancemum, but at the Manchester Centre, where because of the type of floor they work on they can't wear the leather ballet shoes and they are all asked to wear satin.

I really hope you manage to find some which fit your dd, I'll be watching any you manage to find which fit well with interest, so keep us posted. Just buying school shoes from clarks has always been an issue for my dd, as they only make a few styles with a D childrens width fitting and they always have to be ordered, it must be terrible for an even narrower foot.... We are dreading the day she will need pointe shoes....!

• Like 1

Re: school shoes - you may find shoes other than Clarks better for narrow feet. I've found that 'premium' brands such as Ricosta/Geox fit better, are better quality and more supportive. They don't actually cost that much more so worth considering. ....

• Like 2

I think sometimes it isn't always just the width of the shoe that is the problem but the amount of fabric. Dd local teacher changed to stocking Capezio Daisy and there was just too much shoe for her foot, she is narrow and has a shallow foot. As it is a number of years ago I can't remember what we bought instead. I think try holding out till half term and have a trip round the various shops in London trying different makes until find best fit.

Edited to add - I notice Grishko come in 6th widths although might need ordering in. Grishko canvas split soles are my dd flattie of choice.

Edited by Jane

I too have found the Capezio leather full sole flats great. Leather as soft & comfortable as canvas but certainly more durable You need to look for the ones marked N (for narrow). Many stockists (such as Dance Direct a couple of years back when last I checked so do re-check in case they have changed)) only have one width - Medium - so you need to quiz them as quite a difference in fit between the M & N widths. I think I last bought the N ones via Jems Partyware via a link from Amazon. Good price & prompt mail order. Lots of chats to ensure correct size as Capezio frustratingly sometimes mark the sizes UK & sometimes in US sizes (so that size 4 may actually be a US 4 & thus a UK 2!) Apologies if I have just added more confusion to this thread! :unsure:

I have a narrow foot but I had the same problem with too much fabric rather than the shoe being too wide. If you need a canvas shoe that flatters every type of foot try the so Danca stretch canvas one. Everyone in my class ended up wearing it, so it looked like a uniform shoe but really we all just loved it even though we had completely different feet!

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Hi Caitlin_dance Bloch pro elastic were great for my narrow footed dd, they have flat elastic so no fiddly drawstrings which is one less thing to worry about! Bloch zenith also a great fit as they are stretch canvas split sole and fit like a glove and very flattering on the arch.

• Like 1