My yahoo account may have been hacked

AnneMarriott

Haven't received such so, assuming that I'm in your address book, that probably hasn't been hacked. As always, if in doubt change your password. 

Yesterday I had three emails purporting to come from myself titled 'Attachement' and containing an Excel spreadsheet (which I didn't open). I changed my password!

Password already changed as a knee-jerk reaction, but thanks for the reassurance and good advice, John.

Bruce got the mystery email but the sender address wasn't mine so he doesn't think my yahoo account was hacked. I was probably worrying unnecessarily but better to be safe than sorry.

What a nuisance all this sort of thing is becoming. As I have said on many previous occasions, I HATE technology.

• Like 1

Yesterday I had three emails purporting to come from myself titled 'Attachement' and containing an Excel spreadsheet (which I didn't open). I changed my password!

That's funny, I had exactly the same thing yesterday too. I deleted them unread, since I knew I hadn't been sending emails to myself!

The trouble is, not only can accounts be hacked, but your email address can also be spoofed, so it appears to come from you when it doesn't.  I occasionally find emails purporting to come from my main Hotmail address, but which end up in my junk folder, so they clearly don't.