CBBC Taking The Next Step

annaliesey

Flora11 I have to admit to being a bit of a fan myself (Shame face haha)

I think the original advert said people would hear by 31st August so still a while yet :)

We got a phone call yesterday. Shocked!!

They gave me some dates over the phone, explained it was Regionals, then Nationals would follow if successful.

Then later on she phoned to speak with DD herself directly.

My DD started to talk like a three year old all of a sudden and couldn't give sensible responses to anything being asked !!! Haha

She asked who her favourite character was on the show and she replied Eldon because she loved his fourettes :)

I hope you hear soon and would be lovely to hear someone else from the forum going to 'regionals' ... Would you be London?

:)

• Like 1

Taxi the age group was 11-18yrs

It's popular with DD and dancing friends and portrays a dance studio doing competitions and various boyfriend/girlfriend scenarios. It's reality style and has lots of chatting to the camera, humour and rivalry with other studios and dancers.

The dance is a mix of styles but quite a lot of contemporary jazz.

Lighthearted entertainment.

Available on i player :)

• 3 weeks later...

My dd got through to regionals. It was certainly experience! We were one of the first to arrive, but last but one group to be seen, it was a LONG day, which dd found quite tough going. She got a yes from one of her favourite dancers ever, but then 2 nos, so no national for her. She was happy with the yes she got though and was one of the youngest there, so it wasn't a massive surprise. Good luck to anyone who's gotten through to nationals.

• Like 2