£30,000 for a few month`s professional dancing???

Lisa O`Brien

Does this sound just a bit iffy or what? Just saw it on the Dancer`s Pro email they sent me [yes,I know i`m not a dancer anymore but I joined the site just for a nosey what is out there. I get daily emails from them about dancer`s auditions]. Dancing in Slovenia. Casting Male Commercial dancer.Date of casting 24 August. Rate of pay,£400 a day. Fly home on 5th October. Surely this is either a misprint or else there is something very strange going on?

There's someone following me on Twitter who claims to be a singing talent scout. She DMed me yesterday to ask if I knew anyone who might be a singer who could audition for a client promoter on Saturday. I tried to ask what genre of singing it was, thinking my ex dd might be interesting. She wouldn't give me any information at all, just kept saying she wanted my email address to pass on to the client. I don't think she's on the level as the only thing I can discover about her is her Twitter account. My ex dd felt the same. I would say this dance "opportunity" is equally dodgy. :(

• Like 3

I wouldn't believe that one for a second!!

However, that Dancers Pro website is fabulous, thanks for mentioning it Lisa! Are there any other similar websites worth joining?

I don`t know of any others SP. I only know of it because someone on this Forum mentioned it.

I think it sounds genuine.

It's for a TV commercial & the casting director is associated with some major brands. The 30k mentioned is the potential buyout fee. That means the actors/dsncers involved won't get repeat royalties every time the ad is shown & depending on the contract could mean they are not allowed to work for rival brands.

I think it sounds genuine.

It's for a TV commercial & the casting director is associated with some major brands. The 30k mentioned is the potential buyout fee. That means the actors/dsncers involved won't get repeat royalties every time the ad is shown & depending on the contract could mean they are not allowed to work for rival brands.

Oh I see.

• Like 1