News about college place for next year

Katymac

It's all coming together for DD.....She has worked so hard - at college and over the holidays

She managed to get a funded place at college and has spent the summer saving up to help towards food/accommodation in September (she had 4 jobs!). It was going to be very tight and DH & I were going to share a car and make lots of savings to enable her to go

We found out at lunchtime she has also been awarded a grant - which will cover all her accommodation & add-on costs (uniform/physio/extras)

So her 'savings' can now be spending money, something she was going to be very short of.....

I am SO, SO proud of her

• Like 38

Congratulations to your DD and you and your DH Katymac! You have certainly raised a young lady who is or should be an example to many others both in the dance world and elsewhere, she shows what can be achieved in the face of adversity with hard work and determination.....and of course a good spread sheet!

Well done and good luck to her,

keep us posted!

Dramascientist

• Like 10

Thanks;it's nice to know that DD has a nice spreadsheet planned for September!!

Oh I freely admit I cried my eyes out when I got the email. Mind you I hated going round all the charities and 'begging' but it had to be done!

• Like 5

Performers to hopefully do Musical Theatre but we won't know for sure until the end of the first year as they may decide she has to do Dance theatre....she did the pre-voc there last year & loved it

If you think, she started dance seriously in September 2011 & now 4 yrs later is at vocational school - it's a massive change

After just getting my head around my daughter being offered a place at Ballet West starting next September,we had a phone call today to say she can start this year ie.A week on Monday! She is obviously over the moon about it.I know it is what she really wants so we are pleased for her. We are now madly working out all the logistics of getting her there at short notice(we are on the South coast) and also ploughing through the student finance application,and trying to find the funds for all the extras!

• Like 10

Yes you are right Sarah,glad that we could visit the school too.

Miracle - my daughter is actually just finished AS levels.She auditioned at three places in YR 11 but was unsuccessful so decided to stay at a local college to do A levels.Her aim was always to do dancing somehow,and although it would really be better to complete the A levels I know her heart would be elsewhere!

Well done Katymac, really happy for you and must be lovely for your daughter to just focus on starting the course now without such financial pressure :)

... And we all know who to come to for help with grants when our time comes!!!! Haha

Will she be happy with dance course if that's offered instead of MT? :)