Elmhurst summer school

Dreamy11

Well done to everyone! Of course this is just the beginning - they will probably want to go next year as well, and the year after that...hope they all have a great time.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD has also been offered a place for the junior SS.  She went last year and enjoyed it and, as you say TBG, it's really nice to get a yes result after the no's from finals.  She wasn't sure at first she wanted to go but has realised it's good to keep putting herself out there for the schools' to continue to notice her, as per her MA teacher's feedback after the results from finals.

Well done to the other yes's, I'm sure your DCs will love it.  And if you're worried about the food, my DD is quite fussy when away from home and she ate really well there last year.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I'm just starting to get everything organised for DD going to Elmhurst next week & was wondering apart from what is on the list that was sent is there anything else DD should be bringing? I'm assuming clothes for the evening time? So far I have in dark leotards, practice skirt, ballet shoes, tracksuit, plasters, sewing kit, hairdryer, towel & toiletries. What about jazz shoes? Will they need them?

Sorry for all the questions this is DDs first residential summer school & she won't know anyone else so I don't want her worrying about not having something she needs

I am not packing Jazz shoes as its not on the list. My DD is very excited and can't wait for Wednesday am to arrive. I am worried that if you send to much it won't come back! I might do a packing list so she can check she has everything.

• Like 1

I am not packing Jazz shoes as its not on the list. My DD is very excited and can't wait for Wednesday am to arrive. I am worried that if you send to much it won't come back! I might do a packing list so she can check she has everything.

That's a great idea! I think I will do the same

Does anyone know if need character shoes or not for the junior s/s?.  We have four hours travelling on train so want to cut down on luggage as much as poss?!  will swap jazz shoes for foot thongs as above so that useful!

DD doesn't have character shoes so fingers crossed they don't need them. I'm going to swap jazz shoes for foot thongs so that's a bit more space too. We are trying keep luggage to a minimum too as we are flying over & trying to get away with just cabin luggage.