Elmhurst summer school

Dreamy11

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh thank you all for replies. Hopefully junior email will go out soon and good luck to those above going on the senior course!  We are in the same boat then Eowyn!  Expecting a 'no' as so many are wanting places on this summer school now and there is a lot of competition for places - still - if a no at least its best to know and anything else is a bonus! Will keep an eye on this page as am starting to feel jittery with nerves!

• Like 1

It must be absolutely manic at Elmhurst right now with offers going out for summer school and final auditions for full time places. We also got an email on Wednesday.

Good luck everyone for ENBS. We could not apply this year as dd too old for junior course and all senior course dates are in term time.

I applied for the senior summer school and got a yes! I am so happy! I am 14 and have never been before! I also applied for ENBS and haven't heard back. For all those who also did ENBS, don't forget to post as soon as the email comes!

Edited by CatherineRose
  • Like 3

Waiting people I would be tempted to phone or e-mail if you haven't heard re Elmhurst junior school. have always found them to be very friendly. And Good Luck

thank you mnemo. not sure i am brave enough to ring.  i will think about it tonight.  they may mark me down as 'crazed dance mum' that can't even wait for emails to come out. i shall ponder over our predicament tonight with a glass of wine and maybe if i don't check my emails all day tomorrow it will be there when i get in from work!!

I know the closing date last year was late March and, looking back, I didn't get an email until 9th April with the summer school results.  I did email earlier this month as I couldn't recall if I'd actually sent the paperwork in to get a very prompt reply back reassuring me I had and that results would be out in a few weeks - no definite time period.  I would think that they are trying to get all the vocational place offers out for September first before they get to the junior summer school so, personally, I am not worrying about it yet.  And apparently the finals letters went out in this evening's post...

And I've just found the appropriate page on their website that states the application deadline is tomorrow, Wednesday 23rd March, so this is like last year.  http://www.elmhurstdance.co.uk/summer-school-1.html

Ladies, stop panicking!!!  It's hard though with so many results still be to be announced and everything is out of our control now, not a good place to be in.

The application process has changed slightly this year, also the closing date on the application forms (4th March) was different to that on the website (23rd March) . The senior school offers went out on 9th March, but as the full time place offers also went out last week I expect the poor office staff are just rushed off their feet. I'm sure the junior school offers will be out after Easter - last year I think it was around 2nd week April. Also fairly certain that everyone gets a response (yes, wait list, no).

hgib23 it is hard waiting isn't it?!  DD applied first time last year and results came out 9th April.  I know of a DD who got offered a place off the waiting list the day before the summer school so miracles do happen! They seem to reply to all applicants thank goodness so none of us should be left wondering.  My DD went for the first time last year and loved it and she didn't know anyone.  She is so hoping for a place this year so fingers crossed but I know demand for places is way above the places they have available as its become such a popular summer school so she could be one of the disappointed ones sadly. At least we will know soon and good luck to all waiting.

We haven't heard about junior place. It's our first time applying so don't know what to expect, and whether you get a yes or no email or just don't hear if you don't get a place.

Hello hgib23 and a belated welcome to the Forum.  Do let us know how you get on.

• Like 2

Thank you, Its hard as my daughter really wants to go, none of her friends have applied but she is a determined little girl who really wants the experience. Will be patient for a little bit longer. This forum is great for us Mums who are new to all of this so thank you.

• Like 1