Yorkshire Ballet Summer School

tutugirl

Yes I watched on Friday , as had a former pupil there . Pleased to say she looked fabulous .

I really enjoyed the demo - wish it had been longer ( which is always a good thing. ! ) I shall be there next Friday too Haggis !

Have you got 1 , 2 or 3 taking part ? X

I watched classes there a couple of years ago and was very impressed with the standard. We were driving up to Scotland and stopped off in York.  My husband did sightseeing and I did ballet seeing! I would love to send pupils there, but it's hard enough to send them overseas to London, never mind to get them up to York!

• Like 1

Hi SBS I'm sure as a senior associate your daughter would be capable anywhere - congratulations on her places to Tring and don't worry many non vocational girls at ybss

Edited by Kat09
  • Like 1

The same Joe Sissens who danced in the recent RBS show? He's a great (was going to say little but not so little now) dancer and still hasn't finished trainings!

Was at the YBSS two years ago and he was one of those who stood out then!

• 6 months later...

I seem to remember that when you get there is some room to negotiate a bit if not happy with child's group.

My friends DD was put up a group when she was there at 13 as she would have been out of place in the junior group as both more advanced ballet wise and more "well developed" than most in that group that particular year!

• Like 1

I would really like to hear people's experiences of this summer school. What age are you classed as a senior as it talks about being / passing elementary standard? Also what do the classes consist of? How many classes a day, how many children in a class? Food? Accommodation? House staff? Thank you so much!

I have a few questions too - how does it work with auditioning for scholarships? Do you still have to apply as normal and pay the upfront £120 then apply as well for the scholarship audition? And does everyone who applies for the scholarship audition get asked to the audition? It wasn't clear on the website.

Thanks

• Like 1

How very irritating of them!!

I was wondering whether many vocational dance schools will have finished by then so it's all been arranged to suit those candidates more!! Also many ordinary Private schools will finish that first week end as well.

It's the state school candidates who are mainly disadvantaged in this choice.

Though of course many students from the continent eg France and Germany will already be on holiday by then.

I would really like to hear people's experiences of this summer school. What age are you classed as a senior as it talks about being / passing elementary standard? Also what do the classes consist of? How many classes a day, how many children in a class? Food? Accommodation? House staff? Thank you so much!