Tring Park 6th Form 2015

balletbunhead

Hi everyone!

I am starting at Tring Park on the Lower 6th dance course this coming September. I was fortunate enough to receive my DaDA in March time and since then I have been keen to get to know some new people who may be starting!

I just wondered if anyone on here is starting this September? A few people originally from Tring Park in the lower school have created a group on Facebook. It currently consists of 42 members all going into Lower 6th this year, but they are still hoping to find some more newbies! This group allows us all to have a chat and it also allows the new pupils to ask questions if we have any! 

Hi balletbunhead. My dd is starting at Tring dance course in Sept and has been added to the group...amazing how connected everyone is- whoever started it - thank you its very helpful.

Good to be able to finally look forward to Sept after the trials of auditions, offers, rejections, exams,  injury...

Congrats on your Dada funding. We went to see the Senior Show recently and were very impressed by the range and quality of the dancing.

• Like 4

Thank you very much Lisa! 

Great news Chaperone that your dd is already in the group! It's really nice how everyone is able to talk to each other despite the fact we have not met yet! Looking forward to September and I will be sure to look out for your dd on the first day! Is she boarding within the school? 

Really wanted to go and see the Senior Dance Show, however my mum is a dance teacher and was unable to take me due to having classes! I can imagine it was very good! I took a workshop down in Devon with Mr Dowson from Tring, along with a handful of Upper sixth students who were touring with the Encore company...I found the lesson with them all very inspiring, and I can't wait to be taught by the dance faculty at Tring!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum.

My DD is starting on the dance course in the Sixth Form at Tring this September. We were wondering two things. Will she need a specific Tring uniform tracksuit for everyday use or will any tracksuit do? Also, if anyone has a second hand school blazer for sale (around size 6)?

Many Thanks,

Sue.M

Hi Sue M,

I am also on the dance course going into sixth form at Tring. As far as I am aware, there is no specific tracksuit, just general warm up attire etc. Also, with regards to the blazer, if your DD is in sixth form, the uniform requirements are a grey pencil skirt, white blouses (short/long sleeve), a black cardigan, grey tights and black court shoes (no higher than 3 and a half inches I think). There is no blazer. Hope this helps and feel free to PM me!

Thanks balletbunhead. I've since found the uniform list amongst all of the other emails! Does anyone know if it is really necessary to buy the official grey skirt from the school shop or do students tend to buy something similar from elsewhere? 

Many Thanks,

Sue.M

I've been told by a couple of current students/parents that you don't need to get the uniform from the specified supplier so I am planning to get as good as match as can from M&S or whatever for my dd.  I get the impression they don't wear the school uniform much in sixth form. 

Edited by chaperone
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck to all the new starters for tmrw.

Dd is going into her 2nd year and has been given new block as her dorm so looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know you all.

Also she has a few 1st year dance uniforms for sale if anyone wants spare. Let me know and I'll pack them.

x

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Tring dont seem to do list in the style of the other schools but they have info somewhere on alumni on their website and reference to destinations ofsted report on their website. Always worth asking the school direct though for info that is of interest in making decisions about where to apply/accept.